Want to buy a property through the Right to Buy Scheme? We can help
About Right To Buy Mortgages
What is Right To Buy?
The Right to Buy scheme is a great opportunity for clients who are renting a local authority or housing association property who would like to make it their permanent home. The scheme makes these properties available at a discounted purchase price to help tenants take their first step onto the property ladder.
To be eligible for the Right to Buy scheme:
- You must have been a tenant of the council or housing association for a minimum of 3 years (does not have to be consecutive).
- You must have settled any rent arrears within 4 weeks of the landlord requesting payment.
- The landlord will determine the value of the property. Any disputes about valuation must be settled before a mortgage application can be made.
- The amount of discount is determined by length of tenancy
The maximum Right to Buy discount is capped at £77,900, £103,900 for properties in London.
Visit https://righttobuy.gov.uk/ for more information on eligibility.
Highlights of the mortgage deals we can help you access include:
- Mortgages are available up to 100% of the discounted purchase price.
- Only a 25% deposit is required.
- 5 year fixed rate products that help you fit the lender’s affordability calculation.
- Zero lender product fee option.
- Customers with a less than perfect credit profile can be considered.
If you would like to find out what Right To Buy mortgage options are available to you please call one of our experienced mortgage advisers on 01708 676111, or send us a message using the form below.