Careers in Mortgages
Self Employed Mortgage Adviser
Connect IFA Ltd, trading as Connect Mortgages and Connect for Intermediaries, are an established company that has been trading for over 20 years. We are a dynamic company that has built strong lender relationships. We are Key Account Partners and Smartr Refer Partners for Legal and General Mortgage Club, thus benefiting from exclusive mortgage deals and client referrals from other advisers. We also have exclusive distribution arrangements with many lenders enabling us to offer preferential deals and service for our clients and enhanced terms for our advisers.
- Successful candidates will be receiving regular leads and representing the Connect Mortgages brand.
- They will need to have strong skills in communication, analytical abilities, computer skills, and the ability to build relationships and work as part of the team.
- Our advisers can offer advice on all areas of the market, including residential, buy to let, commercial, bridging, secured loans, protection and equity release subject to qualification and experience.
Experience is required, with a proven track record. For interested candidates with less experience, there may be an alternative opportunity via our Network. Our Network operates an Academy that helps advisers who are qualified, but not experienced, to develop the essential lender knowledge and sales skills and run their own mortgage businesses.
Our ideal candidate:
We are looking to appoint mortgage and protection advisers to look after our new client enquiries. We require additional advisers experienced in residential mortgages, buy to let mortgages, and protection plans to help service the enquiries.
The role opportunities are mainly self-employed; however, there are some employed vacancies.
Shift and Schedule:
Working hours are flexible, and opportunities exist to work either from a branch or to work from home.
Suitable applicants could be allocated a branch in their locality whilst still having support from the Connect team centrally to grow and develop their mortgage sales.
Employed packages come with a basic salary plus commission and pension; self-employed packages come with greater flexibility, a higher earnings potential plus initial financial support if needed.
Connect Mortgage Advisers benefit from a full support package. This includes leads, an in-house dedicated marketing team, dedicated mortgage administrators who look after all application submitting and processing, and a robust compliance and training programme.
Our goal is to enable each adviser to develop their full potential. We take pride in doing the best for our clients. We do this by having the widest possible lender panel, over 170 lenders, a bespoke training and knowledge accreditation plan for our advisers and dedicated teams to provide unparalleled adviser support.
To apply or find out more about the role, please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are many roles at Connect, not just Mortgage Advisers:
- Senior Management
- Business Development Managers
- Team Leaders
- Mortgage Administrators
- Marketing Personnel
- Compliance Administrators
- I.T. Personnel
How to become a Mortgage Adviser
You can get into this role through:
- Working towards this role from a connected role such as a mortgage administrator
- Applying for a trainee scheme or apprenticeship
- Starting your own mortgage adviser business via the support of The Connect Academy
Skills and knowledge
- Excellent Customer service skills
- To be thorough, analytical and pay attention to detail
- Ambition and a desire to succeed
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- To be able to use a computer and the main software packages competently
Register your interest and we will be in-touch when there is a suitable opportunity.